The German-American School of Palo Alto (GASPA) in Menlo Park has immediate openings for teachers and assistants for Kindergarten, Elementary and Middle School Levels as part of our Saturday School Program for the 2022/2023 school year.
- US citizen, green card holder or visa with work permit (We are not able to assist with visa or work permit applications)
- Fully fluent in German (near native) or a native speaker
- Teaching experience
- Independent lesson plan preparation
- Knowledge of German songs and literature
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and the ability to design lessons based on the interests of the students
- Willingness and ability to teach both in-person and online via Zoom or Google Meet.
- Instruction takes place Saturdays from 9am-12pm for 30 Saturdays from September through May
- Some lesson plan preparation time prior to instruction.
- Additional hours may be required for set-up, special event and meetings
Given that GASPA is a Saturday School, we are not able to provide full time employment, nor are we able to assist with matters related to visas and work permits. Please be aware that the cost of living in the San Francisco Bay Area is very high compared to other areas and that the part-time positions offer by GASPA do not cover the cost of living in this area.
All Saturday School teachers are required to attend at least one continuing education seminar per year. For this, GASPA arranges for all its teachers to attend the annual GASANC Workshop for teachers of German (geared towards Saturday School teachers). This workshop is organized by the German American School Association of Northern California (GASANC) and will take place on the last Saturday before Labor day. (August 27, 2022) The cost of attending this workshop is covered by GASPA.
How to Apply
- Please submit resume and summary of interests and qualifications to contact (at) gaspa-ca.org. Responses written in German are requested. Resumes without cover letters may not be considered.
- If you are non-US citizen, then you must be able to provide all applicable documents that allow you to work legally in the United States.
- Since 1960’s, the German-American School of Palo Alto (GASPA) has offered immersion-based instruction in the German language and in the culture, traditions, and geography of the world’s German-speaking countries. (www.gaspa-ca.org)
- We are an equal opportunity employer, encouraging diversity in the workplace.
- We offer classes at all levels ranging from toddler to adults.
- Classes are taught by an experienced faculty from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the United States.